- Who We Are Nulu Host provides cloud-based solutions, including web-hosting, domain name and related products and services, to businesses, individuals, non-profit organizations and others. Nulu Host is able to provide a variety and range of products and services to help Subscribers with their technological needs.
- Information We Collect
- Subscriber Information. Subscribers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for Nulu Host services including name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and billing information (such as a credit card number). In addition, to register a domain name, Subscribers are asked to provide this information for the registrant, administrative contact, technical contact and billing contact of the domain name (collectively, "Domain Name Registration Information"), for submission to the appropriate domain registry or registration database. Subscribers may also be asked to complete an online form that collects information about demographics, product usage and preferences, along with other information that will help us improve our products and services.
- Cookies and Tracking. Nulu Host uses different types of cookies (which are electronic collections of information stored on a local computer that are used by websites to keep track of visitors and registered users and to relate one computer transaction to a later one) and other methods of uniquely tracking visitors for different purposes. For example, some cookies are "required cookies" which are necessary for Nulu Host's website to work. In addition, cookies are used to provide Nulu Host's existing Subscribers with the opportunity for continued savings and increased convenience as described in more detail below.
You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or change the settings on your web browser to clear or disable cookies. If you decide not to accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of Nulu Host's website. Additionally, please be aware that if you visit third party websites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable, you may be required to accept cookies. Cookies do not enable third parties to access any of your personal (i.e., contact) information. However, advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. Nulu Host does not control use of these cookies and are not responsible for information collected through them.
- Cookies for Improving Our Website. Nulu Host uses "performance cookies" to inform Nulu Host of a repeat visit. However, these cookies do not tell Nulu Host who a visitor is, the visitor's name, email address, or passwords.
- Cookies for Subscriber Account Management. For Nulu Host Subscribers, Nulu Host uses "functional cookies" to store user names for added convenience. For example, the cookie would contain a piece of identifying information such as a customer ID, username, or session ID that would be used to look up the customer ID. Nulu Host offers password-protected, web-based management tools as part of its webhosting packages. By storing a Subscriber's username in a cookie, the Subscriber will not have to fill out form fields each time he or she manages the account. (The cookie does not store passwords.)
- Cookies for Advertising. Nulu Host may also utilize "advertising cookies" to track referrals from internal and external affiliates, as well as advertising campaigns. Nulu Host may also use a third party service provider to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixel tags and cookies may be used in those email messages to help Nulu Host measure the effectiveness of its advertising and to enable Nulu Host to provide more focused marketing communications to you.
- Customer Surveys. Nulu Host may periodically conduct customer surveys. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. However, we encourage Subscribers to participate in these surveys because they provide Nulu Host with important information that helps improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information, if provided, will remain confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party service provider on our behalf.
- Use of Information Nulu Host uses information it collects primarily to provide and collect payment for its cloud-based solutions and other services. Passively collected information, such as information collected from or about your device including through the placement or reading of cookies or other tracking technologies is used to provide a customized experience as you use Nulu Host's services.
- Subscriber Contact/Account Information. The information collected from Subscribers is used to manage each Subscriber's account (such as for billing and account management purposes) and to promote other products or services that Nulu Host believes may be of interest to its Subscribers. Nulu Host may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from information that Subscribers provide during registration (such as the total number of Subscribers in a given category, but not their names). As explained in more detail below, Nulu Host may in certain instances use this aggregated and non-identifying information to promote advertisements that appear on Nulu Host's website and in connection with its services. Any such aggregated and non-identifying information that Nulu Host collects, and any analysis of such information that it produces, is proprietary information of Nulu Host.
- Analytics/Statistics. Nulu Host uses information gathered from its website analytics (for example, User IP addresses) to help diagnose problems with Nulu Host servers, and to administer and optimize Nulu Host's website. Nulu Host also gathers broad demographic information from this data to help improve its website and make your browsing and purchasing experience more responsive, efficient, or enjoyable. Any statistics gathered by Nulu Host are proprietary property of Nulu Host.
- Responses to Email Inquiries When Subscribers send email inquiries to Nulu Host, the return email address (and other personal information provided in the inquiry) is used to answer the email inquiry received.
- Customer Surveys. Nulu Host may use the contact information provided in customer surveys to follow up on survey answers. Nulu Host may also contact you to highlight the changes Nulu Host makes in response to your feedback.
- Sharing of Information
- Confidentiality. With the exception of trusted business partners who work with or on behalf of Nulu Host, and are subject to specific confidentiality agreements, Nulu Host will not provide or sell to any third party your personal information and will keep all Subscriber information confidential, subject to the following:
- Service Providers. Upon registration for Nulu Host services, certain Subscriber information may be transferred to trusted affiliated or unaffiliated third parties that help Nulu Host provide certain services or that provide certain services on Nulu Host's behalf. For example, Subscriber information may be transferred to Nulu Host's affiliated registrar, enom (WHOIS Domain Name Registration Information), or to unaffiliated third parties that help Nulu Host provide email services or SSL certifications.
- Co-marketing Activities. Some services are offered or promoted in conjunction with a Nulu Host partner or sponsor. Nulu Host may share certain Subscriber contact information but no billing information with Nulu Host's partner or sponsor in order to provide the relevant services or to run the promotion. If Nulu Host shares Subscriber information with partners and sponsors, Nulu Host requires that they maintain the Subscriber information in confidence, and use the information solely for purposes of providing the services or carrying out the agreed upon promotion.
- Online Advertisements. Nulu Host does not share personally identifiable information about individual users with advertisers. Nulu Host may display online advertisements and share aggregated and non-identifying information about Subscribers collected through the registration process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. This aggregated and non-identifying information may be used to deliver tailored advertisements. For example, an advertiser may tell Nulu Host the audience it wants to reach (e.g., males between 25 and 55 years of age) and provide Nulu Host with an advertisement tailored to that audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information collected by Nulu Host, Nulu Host may then display the advertisement to the intended audience.
- Customer Surveys. In addition to sharing survey information with service providers confidentially as described above, Nulu Host may share aggregated, non-personally identifying information obtained from customer surveys with third parties.
- Law Enforcement. Nulu Host will respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes, and will utilize Subscriber information as necessary to establish or exercise Nulu Host's legal rights or defend against legal claims. Additionally, Nulu Host will share information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations or suspected violations of Nulu Host's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- Domain Registration. In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") or certain registries, Domain Name Registration Information has to be made available and accessible to the public through a "WHOIS" search. The WHOIS database is a publicly accessible database that lists the Domain Name Registration Information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name's creation and expiration date. The Domain Name Registration Information you provide is hosted by Nulu Host or a third party service provider and is made available to the public through WHOIS searches. Nulu Host may deposit your Domain Name Registration Information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements. At times, Subscribers may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available WHOIS database by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or SPAM do not come from Nulu Host and Nulu Host does not control the use of WHOIS information by third parties.
- Domain Privacy. When Nulu Host is threatened with suit by a third party, or any other legal action is brought to Nulu Host's attention involving Nulu Host based on the anonymity of a domain name, Nulu Host may seek assurance from you, the customer, concerning your promise to indemnify Nulu Host and written confirmation that you have contacted the complainant and made your contact information available to the complainant. Failure to promptly provide these assurances may be considered by Nulu Host to be a breach of your agreement with Nulu Host and may result in deactivation of your domain name and disclosure of your contact information so that any allegations of infringement or other wrongdoing may be directly resolved between you and the complainant.
- Your Options
- Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose or post in forums or other public areas of Nulu Host's website or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. To request removal of your personal information from Nulu Host community forums or testimonials, contact Nulu Host at tos@NuluHost.com. In some cases, Nulu Host may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case Nulu Host will let you know why it is unable to do so.
- Unsubscribe/Opt-out. When you become a Subscriber of Nulu Host, you are automatically subscribed to receive transactional notices about your account, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered through Nulu Host and/or in conjunction with Nulu Host's partners.
To unsubscribe from Nulu Host newsletters and promotional mailings, please update your preferences in your Nulu Host control panel or contact Nulu Host support. You may also unsubscribe through the links provided in promotional email messages sent by Nulu Host or on Nulu Host's behalf.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information. Nulu Host allows you to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in Nulu Host's custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information Nulu Host has in its custody or control by accessing your the control panel or by contacting support via email, phone or online chat. Nulu Host may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
To ensure you receive the information you need to manage your account and protect your privacy, please be sure to keep your contact and billing information up to date. You can update all account-related information directly through your control panel. Alternatively, you can contact Nulu Host support.
- Children Under 13 This website is not directed towards children and Nulu Host does not seek to collect any personal information from children. If Nulu Host becomes aware that personal information from a child under the age of 13 has been collected, Nulu Host will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from its database.
- Data Security Encryption. When a Subscriber orders from Nulu Host, personal data transmissions are encrypted and all of the Subscriber's personal information is protected. Nulu Host uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard, for encrypting all personal information, including name, address and credit card numbers.